Friday, October 24, 2014

Let's Find Some Beautiful Place to Get Lost


This year we visited Sykes and Cooper Farms in Elkton, Florida to explore their corn maze. Halloween is my personal favorite holiday, and I had never been to a corn maze, so I was probably even more excited than Bee to check it out!

To say I was impressed is an understatement - it was beyond incredible! We all had an amazing time, and I definitely recommend that you take the time to visit if you're in the area. It was about an hour drive from us and it was well worth the trip. I can't wait to go back next year!



Bee has always been an animal lover, so it was no surprise that she was thrilled to say hello to the farm animals! There were chickens, pigs, goats, and even donkeys!




She was fascinated at her ability to pump water through this well! 



Of course the corn pit was a fantastic sensory experience!

But nothing could match the maze - it was wonderful. We arrived at the farm just as the sun was setting, so about halfway through our exploration of the maze it became very dark and we had to navigate with flashlights. It was pretty spooky, but Bee never fails to amaze me with her relentless bravery.

      

  

                         

Not only did she rush into the maze without hesitation, and not only did she lead our group into the darkness without any signs of fear, but she took of her boots and felt the ground the rest of the way through! I can't help but love her for being so fierce and so wild.






A true explorer.


No comments:

Post a Comment